A rigorous quality control and quality assurance program utilizes both traditional methods and modern innovations to guarantee culture purity and single morphology down to the threshold of detection. Cultures, ingredients, and equipment are analyzed and held to strict specifications throughout the entire propagation process. Complete QA/QC analysis on every finished product means our strict specifications are always met before your order ships.
• Plating on general and selective media for detection of viable yeast and bacteria contaminants
• Colony morphology on differential agar
• Cell morphology with phase contrast microscope
• qPCR confirmation of commercial yeast species (S. cerevisiae, S. pastorianus, S. cer. var. diastaticus, and Brettanomyces)
• qPCR screening for the detection of STA1+ yeast, Brettanomyces, and common brewhouse contaminants