Premium Liquid Yeast for Commercial Beverage Makers
WHEN FERMENTATION IS YOUR LIVELIHOOD, ONLY THE BEST WILL DO.
That's why Wyeast has been the choice of professional winemakers, cidermakers, meadmakers, and more for over 30 years. We have continued to perfect our products, expand our collection, and provide the highest quality products to our customers. Commercial clients worldwide count on the reliability, purity, and extensive strain selection offered by Wyeast to produce craft beverages of unparalleled quality and diversity.
Premium Liquid Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae or Saccharomyces bayanus)
A liquid suspension of yeast grown in a sterile, nutrient enriched medium.
Instructions for Use:
Allow to come to ambient temperature just prior to use. Sanitize package before opening. Pour the contents into well-aerated or oxygenated juice, must, wort, or seed mash.
Store at 34-40 °F (1-4 °C). Best when used fresh; use within 14 days of receipt.
Available from 1.0 liter and up in 0.5 and 1.0 liter increments to suit your fermentation needs. Contact our Customer Service Representatives for a custom pitch recommendation.
Directly inoculate at 1.0 liter per 55 gallons (2.08 hL)
70-75 °F (21-24 °C). Maintain temperature until fermentation Is evident: CO₂ bubble formation or foaming on top of juice or must.
- Slow fermentation may be caused by lack of dissolved oxygen in the juice or must and temperatures too warm or too cold. Aerate more and adjust temperature if necessary.
- We suggest using more yeast or making a starter for higher gravity juice or must.
Wyeast Commercial Specifications:
Viable Cell Count: 1.20 x 10⁹ cells/mL*
Purity: Single Morphology
Total anaerobic bacteria: <1 cfu/7.5x10⁷ yeast cells*
Total aerobic bacteria: <1 cfu/7.5x10⁷ yeast cells*
Wild yeast non Saccharomyces: <1 cfu/7.5x10⁷ yeast cells*
Wild yeast non Brettanomyces: <1 cfu/7.5x10⁷ yeast cells*
Culture Density: 1.10 g/mL
- All yeast cultures are packaged at 1.2 billion cells/mL with > 99.9% viability.
- All cultures meet or exceed strict quality standards and specifications prior to shipment. A combination of traditional and advanced modern technology are used to prove product purity.
- Cell counts for each pitch are the same every time you order, guaranteed. Slurry density and viability is confirmed through repeat analyses using the most advanced equipment available.
- Our staff of expert microbiologists and professional brewers have experience at all scales and styles of brewing and take pride in building relationships and working with our customers.