Premium Liquid Yeast for Commercial Brewers
WHEN BREWING IS YOUR LIVELIHOOD, ONLY THE BEST WILL DO.
That's why Wyeast has been the choice of commercial brewers and craft beverage makers for over 30 years. We have continued to perfect our products, expand our collection, and provide the highest quality products to our customers. Commercial clients worldwide count on the reliability, purity, and extensive strain selection offered by Wyeast to produce craft beverages of unparalleled quality and diversity.
Premium Liquid Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Saccharomyces pastorianus, or Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus)
A liquid suspension of yeast grown in a sterile, nutrient enriched medium.
Instructions for Use:
Allow to come to ambient temperature just prior to use. Sanitize package before opening. Pour the contents into well-aerated or oxygenated wort.
Store at 34-40 °F (1-4 °C). Best when used fresh; use within 14 days of receipt.
Available from 1.0 liter and up in 0.5 and 1.0 liter increments to suit your brewhouse, batch, gravity and style. Contact our Customer Service Representatives for a custom pitch recommendation.
Suggested volumes for Direct Pitch
- Ales <15 °P (<1.060 SG): 0.5 liter per 1 BBL (0.5 liter per 1.17 hL)
- Lagers <15 °P (<1.060 SG) cold fermentation: 1.0 liter per 1 BBL (1.0 liter per 1.17 hL)
- For S.G. greater than 15 °P, please refer to our Pitch Rates page.
Wyeast Commercial Specifications
Viable Cell Count: 1.20 x 10⁹ cells/mL*
Purity: Single Morphology
Total anaerobic bacteria: <1 cfu/7.5x10⁷ yeast cells*
Total aerobic bacteria: <1 cfu/7.5x10⁷ yeast cells*
Wild yeast non Saccharomyces: <1 cfu/7.5x10⁷ yeast cells*
Wild yeast non Brettanomyces: <1 cfu/7.5x10⁷ yeast cells*
Culture Density: 1.10 g/mL
* Some culture specifications are based on percent solids analysis
- All yeast cultures are packaged at 1.2 billion cells/mL with > 99.9% viability.
- All cultures meet or exceed strict quality standards and specifications prior to shipment. A combination of traditional and advanced modern technology are used to prove product purity.
- Cell counts for each pitch are the same every time you order, guaranteed. Slurry density and viability is confirmed through repeat analyses using the most advanced equipment available.
- Our staff of expert microbiologists and professional brewers have experience at all scales and styles of brewing and take pride in building relationships and working with our customers
Depending on the volume ordered, many strains are available with only a few days’ lead time or can be produced and delivered within 14 days of your order date. Proprietary strains and off-season Private Collection strains can be ready in as little as 21 days.