Premium Liquid Yeast for Commercial Fermentations
WHEN BREWING IS YOUR LIVELIHOOD, ONLY THE BEST WILL DO.
That's why Wyeast has been the choice of commercial brewers and craft beverage makers for over 30 years. We have continued to perfect our products, expand our collection, and provide the highest quality products to our customers. Commercial clients worldwide count on the reliability, purity, and extensive strain selection offered by Wyeast to produce craft beverages of unparalleled quality and diversity.
Our products and business are founded on our Core Values:
FAMILY Family owned, operated, and cherished
LEGACY The first premium liquid yeast pioneer & supplier, spurring the craft beer revolution
COMMUNITY Inspired by the purity and grandness of our surroundings to support employees, community values, & local organizations
QUALITY Driven to raise the caliber of quality in all facets - not just the product, but safety, atmosphere, and our environment
INNOVATION Continue to be pioneers in advancing technology and raising the industry standard
SERVICE Deliver comprehensive service to all customers worldwide, no matter how big or small
Wyeast Commercial Specifications for Saccharomyces:
Viable Cell Count: 1.20 x 10⁹ cells/mL*
Purity: Single Morphology
Total anaerobic bacteria: <1 cfu/7.5x10⁷ yeast cells*
Total aerobic bacteria: <1 cfu/7.5x10⁷ yeast cells*
Wild yeast non Saccharomyces: <1 cfu/7.5x10⁷ yeast cells*
Wild yeast non Brettanomyces: <1 cfu/7.5x10⁷ yeast cells*
Culture Density: 1.10 g/mL
* Some culture specifications are based on percent solids analysis
- All Wyeast yeast cultures are packaged at 1.2 billion cells/mL with > 99.9% viability.
- All cultures meet or exceed Wyeast’s strict quality standards and specifications prior to shipment. A combination of traditional and advanced modern technology are used to prove product purity.
- Cell counts for each pitch are the same every time you order, guaranteed. Slurry density and viability is confirmed through repeat analyses using the most advanced equipment available.
- Our staff of expert microbiologists and professional brewers have experience at all scales and styles of brewing and take pride in building relationships and working with our customers.
Absolute freshness is guaranteed when you order Wyeast Premium Liquid Yeast. Depending on the volume ordered, many strains are available with only a few days’ lead time or can be produced and delivered within 14 days of your order date. Proprietary strains and off-season Private Collection strains can be ready in as little as 21 days. All yeast slurries are guaranteed to have viable cell counts of 1.2x10⁹ (1.2 billion) viable cells/mL and to meet or exceed our strict and rigorous quality measures.
Available from 1.0 liter and up to suit your brewhouse, batch, gravity and style.
Suggested Quantities for Direct Pitch:
Ales <15°P (1.060 S.G.): 0.5 liter per 1 BBL (0.5 liter per 1.17 hL)
Lagers <15°P (1.060 S.G.) cold fermentation: 1.0 liter per 1 BBL (1.0 liter per 1.17 hL)
For S.G. greater than 15 °P, please refer to our Pitch Rates page.