HOOD RIVER, OR
This position is responsible for effectively preforming production duties which includes raw material handling, operating a forklift, record keeping, tank sampling, wort processing, cleaning and sanitation of tanks and equipment, and cellaring operations; all of which require extensive physical work in a clean, hot/cold, and wet production environment.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Follow established formulas to weigh and measure raw materials for scheduled production batches according to company procedures
- Maintain raw material and production records with detail and accuracy
- Start up, monitor, and operate processing equipment safely and efficiently
- Adhere to current Personal Protective Equipment requirements and adopt new PPE requirements as chemicals, chemical use, or procedures change
- Safely and accurately handle, mix, and test concentration (titration & ppm) of all cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
- Perform cleaning and sanitation of equipment, both CIP and manual, cleaning process area and other assigned areas according to company protocols
- Collect samples for QC/QA during the production process
- Read, understand, and maintain a variety of scientific instruments and calculations
- Set up and complete cellaring operations according to company procedures
- Acknowledge and report necessary repairs of equipment to supervisor and assist when needed
- Follow all safety procedures and participate in safety training. Maintain safe and efficient use of equipment and tools.
- Support and comply with all company policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Must meet set expectations and daily goals given by the supervisor based on production needs.
- Professional and respectful communication between team members, supervisors, and management in a supportive and welcoming environment.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and maintain effective and professional working relationships with all employees and departments.
- Minimum 2 year Associates Degree in Food Science, Brewing Science, Food Microbiology or related studies, 4 year Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 2 year experience in Food Microbiology, commercial brewing, cellar operations or related field preferred
- Knowledge of food grade chemicals, sanitizers, and safe handling practices
- Ability to understand and comprehend production and processing language
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining product quality
- Mechanical aptitude, skills, and knowledge a plus
- Preforming general physical activities: requires considerable use of arms, legs and moving whole body, such as lifting up to 60+ pounds, balancing, walking, stooping, handling and positioning of materials and products, carrying items up and down stairs
- Schedule will be 4/10hr weekdays, 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM to start with the expectation of rotating regular/weekend shifts or alternate shifts once training is complete.Must be available for some overtime work and occasional holiday shifts will be required.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k